- Jesus warned his listeners that not everyone who heard his message would believe it. To explain this, he told a story about two builders who each set out to build a house.
- This part of the builders' story is found in Matthew, chapter 7, verses 21 to 24.
- Builders are also found in the stories of the confusion at the Tower of Babel, Solomon's construction of the Temple and Nehemiah's rebuilding of the city walls.
- The wise and foolish builders do not appear in any Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.
- The first builder was wise. He planned his work carefully then built his house on a rock to ensure it had a strong foundation. The second builder was foolish. He quickly built his house on the sand because it was easier to do.
- This part of the wise and foolish builders' story is found in Matthew, chapter 7, verses 24 to 26.
- Foolish decisions are also found in the stories of Lot's wife looking back at the city of Sodom, Belshazzar's command to use the cups from the Temple, the young girls who ran out of oil for their lamps and the young farmer who wanted to build bigger and bigger barns.
- It would be a foolish decision not to take this opportunity to purchase some Lootro games from our online shop.
- The rain started to fall and the wind began to blow. The water level in the river rose (see John the Baptist for image of river) and the storm battered the houses.
- This part of the builders' story is found in Matthew, chapter 7, verses 24 to 27.
- Rain clouds are also found in the stories of Noah and the flood and Elijah during the drought.
- Rain clouds appear in our Scramble game.
- The house on the rock stood firm but the house on the sand collapsed with a great crash. Jesus explained that everyone who heard his words and put them into practice was like the wise man who built his house on the rock; but anyone who ignored his words was like the foolish man whose project collapsed.
- This part of the wise and foolish builders' story is found in Matthew, chapter 7, verses 24 to 29.
- Houses are also found in the stories of Jesus' visit to Mary and Martha, Jesus' visit to the tax collector Zacchaeus and the paralysed man's friends lowering him through the roof to be healed by Jesus.
- Houses do not appear in any Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.
Colour in fun
Print out an outline version of this image to print out and colour in.