- As the number of Christians increased, the disciples chose a group of seven men to look after the daily distribution of food to the poorer members of the community. This included Stephen.
- This part of Stephen's story is found in Acts, chapter 6, verses 1 to 7.
- Stephen appears in our Babble.on and Ballyhoo! games.
- Stephen was very popular with the people but some of the religious leaders did not like the things he was saying, especially about Jesus. They arranged for people to make false allegations against him. The crowd grabbed Stephen and brought him to trial before the High Priest and the members of the Sanhedrin Council.
- This part of Stephen's story is found in Acts, chapter 6, verse 8 to 15 and chapter 7, verse 1.
- Chains are also found in the stories of Samson's imprisonment and Legion hiding among the burial tombs.
- Chains do not appear in any Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.
Colour in fun
Print out an outline version of this image to print out and colour in.
- The Council members were angry with Stephen. He was dragged out of the city and stoned to death by the mob. Stephen is remembered as the first Christian martyr because he was killed for his faith in Jesus.
- This part of Stephen's story is found in Acts, chapter 7, verses 54 to 58.
- Stones are also found in the stories of Achan's cruel death, David's fight with Goliath, Abimelech's crushed skull, Joshua trapping the enemy kings and Daniel in the lions' den.
- Stones appear in our Scramble and Numbers games.
- Stephen's executioners took off their coats and set them down at the feet of a young man called Saul, later known as Paul (see Paul for image of Paul). As Stephen was dying, he asked God to forgive his attackers.
- This part of Stephen's story is found in Acts, chapter 7, verses 57 to 60.
- Coats are also found in the stories of Jacob's gift to Joseph. Hannah's annual visit to Samuel, John the Baptist's rough clothes and Bartimaeus rushing to meet Jesus.
- Coats appear in our Scramble, 2by2 and Numbers games.