- Solomon was David's and Bathsheba's son. When David was very old, there was trouble between his sons about who would be the next king. David asked Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet to anoint Solomon with oil before the royal court to show everyone that Solomon was the chosen successor. Solomon would become a fabulously wealthy and wise king of Israel.
- This part of Solomon's story is found in 1 Kings, chapter 1, verses 28 to 48.
- Solomon appears in our Babble.on and Ballyhoo! games; and will appear in our Monarchy game.
- Two mothers living in the same house came to see King Solomon. One of the babies had died and both women claimed to be the mother of the remaining boy. Solomon called for a sword and ordered the baby to be cut in two so each woman could get half. One woman begged the king to give the baby away but the other woman thought the king's decision was fair. Solomon declared the first woman to be the true mother as she was prepared to give up her son rather than see him harmed.
- This part of Solomon's story is found in 1 Kings, chapter 3, verses 16 to 28.
- Babies are also found in the stories Moses' basket hidden in the reeds, Hannah returning to see Eli and Jesus' birth in a stable in Bethlehem.
- Babies will appear in our Festive 2by2 game.
- Solomon's dad, David, had planned to build a huge religious building called a Temple in Jerusalem. This would replace the Tabernacle tent and all the shrines and altars around the country. Solomon employed the best craftsmen and builders to create a magnificent building. It even contained a special room for the Ark of God. The Temple was later destroyed during King Nebuchadnezzar's invasion.
- This part of Solomon's story is found in 1 Kings, chapter 5, verse 1 to chapter 6, verse 38.
- The Temple is also found in the stories of Mary and Joseph searching for Jesus as a boy and Jesus chasing out the money lenders.
- Temples do not appear in any Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.
Colour in fun
Download not yet available.
Queen of Sheba
- When the Queen of Sheba heard about Solomon's great wisdom, she travelled to Jerusalem to test him with hard questions. The Queen arrived with a caravan of camels carrying gold, precious stones and spices. She was amazed by the riches in the royal palace. Solomon answered all her questions. They exchanged gifts and she returned home to her own country.
- This part of Solomon's story is found in 1 Kings, chapter 19, verses 1 to 13.
- Queens are also found in the stories of Vashti standing up to her bullying husband, orphan Esther winning a beauty contest, evil Jezebel's plots to kill the prophet Elijah and Herodias' trick to get rid of John the Baptist.
- Queens will appear in our Monarchy game.