- Paul was first known as Saul. He was a Roman citizen from Tarsus. Paul worked for the Jewish authorities tracking down and arresting Christians. Following an encounter with God, Paul's life was transformed. He became a travelling missionary, setting up, visiting and writing to new churches all around the Mediterranean Sea.
- This part of Paul's story is found from Acts, chapter 9 and throughout his letters to the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Thessalonians; and to his friends Timothy, Titus and Philemon.
- Paul appears in our Babble.on, Ballyhoo! and 2by2 games.
- When Paul was on the road to the city of Damascus to arrest Christians, there was a bright light like the sun which blinded him. God challenged Paul about his actions. Paul decided to turn his life around. In the city, he regained his sight, was baptised and started to tell others about Jesus (see Paul's Conversion for more information).
- This part of Paul's story is found in Acts, chapter 9, verses 1 to 20.
- Cities are also found in the stories of Rahab hiding the two spies, Joshua and the fall of Jericho, Jesus'entry into Jerusalem and Paul's missionary journeys.
- Cities and towns appear in our Ballyhoo! game.
Colour in fun
Download not available yet.
- Paul became a great spokesman and teacher. He introduced many people to the message of Jesus. Paul wrote lots of letters on scrolls to his friends in the new churches describing how they should live their lives to please God.
- This part of Paul's story is found in the opening verses of his letters to the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Thessalonians; and to his friends Timothy, Titus and Philemon.
- Scrolls of letters were also written by Peter, James and John to their friends in the new church.
- Scrolls appear in our 2by2 game.
- Some of Paul's journeys were across land but most took him by sea from port to port (see Peter for image of boat). Paul was shipwrecked three times during his missionary trips. Not everyone welcomed Paul or liked his message about Jesus. In some places he was attacked, arrested or beaten. One time, he escaped from prison with his friend Silas after an earthquake forced open the prison doors. On another occasion, he had to escape over the city walls hidden in a basket.
- This part of Paul's story is found in Acts, chapter 9, verses 19 to 25.
- Prisons are also found in the stories of Joseph with the Royal Baker and the Royal Butler, John the Baptist's beheading and Peter's rescue by an angel.
- Prisons do not appear in any Lootro games yet but watch this space for news.