- As Jesus travelled around the country, he visited many towns and villages healing the sick and lame. Jesus healed Mary of seven demons which had possessed her. Her surname relates to the place she came from - the city of Magdala on the shore of Lake Galilee.
- This part of Mary's story is found in Luke, chapter 8, verses 1 to 2.
- Mary appears in our Babble.on, Ballyhoo! and Bible Belles games.
- Mary became a follower of Jesus and was part of a group of women who helped his ministry by providing food, clothes and somewhere to stay. She appears throughout the Gospels at many of the most significant events in Jesus' life. Her friends included Joanna, whose husband Chuza was King Herod's steward, Susanna, Salome, who was James' and John's mum, Mary, the wife of Clopas and the other Mary (in fact, there are at least six different Marys mentioned in the Bible).
- This part of Mary's story is found in Luke, chapter 8, verses 1 to 3.
- Groups of friends appear in the stories of David the fugitive, Daniel's exile, the paralysed man lowered through the roof and the adventures of Jesus' disciples.
- Many of Mary's friends appear in our Bible Belles game.
Colour in fun
Print out an outline version of this image to print out and colour in.
- Mary and her friends stayed with Jesus and his mum during the crucifixion. After Jesus died, a rich man from Arimathea, called Joseph, asked Roman Governor Pilate for Jesus' body. Joseph and his friends removed the body from the cross and placed it in Joseph's unused tomb. Mary was among the group of followers who witnessed Jesus' crucifixion and helped recover the body.
- This part of Mary's story is found in Matthew, chapter 27, verses 57 to 61 and Mark, chapter 15, verses 42 to 47.
- Tombs appear in the stories of Daniel in the lions' den and Jesus' healing the demon-possessed Legion.
- Tombs do not appear in an Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.
- On Sunday morning, the group of women went to the tomb to clean and prepare Jesus' body. The stone across the entrance was rolled away and the tomb was empty. Angels told the women that Jesus had risen. Later, in the garden, Jesus appeared to Mary. She did not recognise him until he spoke to her. He simply said, "Mary" and she knew it was him.
- This part of Mary's story is found in Matthew, chapter 20, verses 11 to 18 and Mark, chapter 16, verses 1 to 11.
- Bottles of oil are also found in the stories of Samuel anointing David as king, the Good Samaritan bandaging the wounded man and the woman pouring precious oil over Jesus' hair.
- Bottles of oil or perfume do not appear in any Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.