- God told the prophet Elijah to appoint Elisha as his successor. Elisha was ploughing in his dad's field when Elijah appeared. Elisha said goodbye to his parents and set off with Elijah to train for the special task God had set him.
- This part of Elisha's story is found in 1 Kings, chapter 19, verses 11 to 21.
- Elisha appears in our Ballyhoo! game.
- Elisha cleaned the dirty water at a spring in Jericho so it was safe to drink from. On his way from Jericho to Bethel, a group a children made fun of his bald head. Then, in a strange episode, Elisha called out two bears from the woods who mauled forty two of the cheeky boys.
- This part of Elisha's story is found in 2 Kings, chapter 2, verses 19 to 25.
- Bears are also found in the stories of David defending his dad's sheep from wild animals and Job's description of a constellation in the stars.
- Bears appear in our Animal Scramble game.
- Like the prophet Elijah before him, Elisha performed many miracles to show people the power and love of God. He produced enough oil for a poor woman to clear her debts, he brought the Shummenite widow's son back to life and he multiplied enough bread to feed a crowd of hungry people.
- This part of Elisha's story is found in 2 Kings, chapter 4, verses 1 to 37 and verses 42 to 44.
- Bread is also found in the stories of Elijah and the flour and oil, Jesus feeding the 5,000 and the disciples at the last supper.
- Bread appears in our Scramble and Numbers games.
Colour in fun
Download an outline version of this game to print out and colour in.
- One day, an army general from Syria called Naaman arrived at Elisha's house (see David and Potiphar for images of soldiers). He was suffering from the skin disease leprosy, and his servant girl had told him about the mighty prophet of God who lived in her home country. Elisha told Naaman to go and wash in the River Jordan seven times. Naaman was puzzled by the instruction and at first objected but, eventually, he agreed and was cured.
- This part of Elisha's story is found in 2 Kings, chapter 5, verses 1 to 19.
- Rivers are found in the stories of Moses parting the Red Sea, Joshua crossing the River Jordan, , Gideon's special army, Elijah's hiding place and John baptising Jesus.
- Rivers do not appear in any Lootro game yet but watch this space for news.